To start a game of Elven Fire, there are a few common materials you will need to gather.
Each player will need:
- A character sheet, filled out
- A marker representing their character (including a marker for any pet, etc.)
- Pencil with eraser
The Game Master (GM) will need:
- An adventure (such as one of the adventures below)
- Room Maps or laminated hex paper and whiteboard markers
- Markers to represent creatures and items within the labyrinth
Other useful materials:
Note that before the game begins, the party should agree on which milieu they will be using on the treasure table.
These are good adventures with which to start, created specifically for Elven Fire, and require a GameMaster to play.
- Elven Fire for the Beginner GM, filled with several campaigns tailored specifically for Elven Fire, complemented with detailed guides for those just getting started
Not all is as it seems in these adventures - there's more to the plot than hack and slash!
- Dark Reading (August 2013), in which the adventurers seek a valued book lost when a Lady's friend is killed in a remote labyrinth
- Counter Strike (February 2014), in which the adventurers assist the intended victim of a hit to bring justice to the perpetrator
- A Light in the Window (March 2014), in which the adventurers investigate a strange recurring light in a decaying, abandoned castle above a small island village